Ciocc Mockba '80 vintage racing bike Purchased in early 1983.
This bike was originally a gray Mockba '80 model, but has been painted twice in its 35 year history, once green, and then the current blue. It was painted with Dupont Imron probably about 15 years ago.
The frame is a 58, I think. Measurements center-to-center: Top Tube: 23", Down Tube: 25.25", Seat Tube: 23". Head Tube: 6.25 between the bearing cups.
Original Chromed Fork and Rear Triangle. They are both in really good shape, but not perfect.
Condition: It was ridden for many years, never crashed, but it's been a good companion to me. As you can see from the photos, there are a few surface rust spots on the top tube and one of the cable hold-downs on the top tube is broken. It should really be repainted.
- Columbus SL tubing
- Seat Post: Campagnolo pantographed and enamed
- Stem: Cinelli 3.5"
- Hubs - Record Campagnolo. Were modified to accept sealed bearings many years ago and the frame now accepts an 8-speed freewheel
- Brakes: Record sidepull pantographed and enamed.
- Levers and indexing Campagnolo Athena
- Freewheel: 8-speed Malliard
- Drivetrain: Campagnolo Athena indexed 42/53
- Early Look pedals
- Mismatched Tubular rims: 1 Mavic GP4 1 Ambrosio Montreal
Modifications all done by Steve Willis of The Bike Stand in Scotch Plains NJ. He's the only person that ever worked on this bike, by the way.